Purpose & Aims
Money raised for the
RAF Benevolent Fund to date
The distance travelled
The number of April
Fools Club members
The Club was founded by John Fay MBE, Tony Hambleton and Phil Peters at RAF Linton on Ouse in 2008. It takes its name from the formation date of the Royal Air Force.
The RAF was founded on the 1st April 1918 by Lord Trenchard, the Father of the Royal Air Force.
To date, there are 81 members, of which 20% are serving RAF Officers. The remaining 80% are leaders in business and passionate supporters of the RAF.
To foster a close relationship between the RAF and business that benefits both parties.
To develop channels of opportunity for employment in civilian life for ex RAF personnel.
To build an understanding of Air Power and wider Defence for Club members.
To raise significant funds for the RAF Benevolent Fund
The Club meets up across the year in small groups at RAF Stations and all together as a Club twice a year at formal social events. Our Annual Dinner is held in the company of Air Force Board members and takes place at the RAF Club in London and the RAF Band play wonderful music throughout. We hold our AGM with our Christmas Lunch at either the East India Club or the RAC Club in London. Since 2014 we have organised an annual trip. In 2015 we went to the Falkland Islands and in 2016 we went to the Normandy Battlefields. In 2017 we visited RAF Lossiemouth and in 2018 we cycled to The Mohne Dam in Germany. In 2019 we will be going to Arnhem in Holland for the 75th commemorations in September.