PURPOSE & AIMS

CLUB HISTORY

The Club was founded by John Fay MBE, Tony Hambleton and Phil Peters at RAF Linton on Ouse in 2008. It takes its name from the formation date of the Royal Air Force.

The RAF was founded on the 1st April 1918 by Lord Trenchard, the Father of the Royal Air Force.

To date, there are around 100 members, of which 20% are serving RAF Officers. The remaining 80% are leaders in business and passionate supporters of the RAF.

CLUB PURPOSE & AIMS

Purpose:
A trusted Force for Good in & around Defence

Aim 1:
Develop the knowledge of Air and Space Power in the membership.

Aim 2:
Inculcate the ‘always there for each other’ culture of the Club, the pride of membership, highest moral compass and credibility.

Aim 3:
Raise funds primarily for the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) Any other Air and Space Power orientated charities may be considered as the committee sees fit.

Aim 4:
Help RAF personnel and families in transition from the Service to realise and make the most of the opportunities in industry and for industry to understand the qualities they offer. 

CLUB MEETINGS

The Club meets up across the year in small groups at RAF Stations and all together as a Club twice a year at formal social events. Our Annual Dinner is held in the company of Air Force Board members and takes place at the RAF Club in London and the RAF Band play wonderful music throughout. 

We hold our AGM with our Christmas Lunch at either the East India Club or the RAC Club in London. Since 2014 we have organised an annual trip. In 2015 we went to the Falkland Islands and in 2016 we went to the Normandy Battlefields. In 2017 we visited RAF Lossiemouth and in 2018 we cycled to The Mohne Dam in Germany. In 2019 we went to Arnhem in Holland for the 75th commemorations in September.